Never have waterproofs felt so needed as during this very windy, very wet season. Cycling to work everyday in the rain can actually be fun if in the right attire (head to toe goretex) but there is no escaping the fact that at best we look like an anonymous blob.
So, when we were contacted by the lovely Otto himself from Otto London with a suggestion that we stock his beautiful cotton lined waterproof rain cape, naturally we jumped at the chance.
It's important to remember that the Otto London poncho isn't your average bike cape. For a start they look great, they don't flap about in the wind to create a sail and the neat, slim fit means you look just as great on and off your bike.
Having the Otto London capes at Bells have brought many folk to the shop who are not cyclists and don't intend to cycle in them. These are the top five reasons we've discovered from customers for wearing an Otto rain cape off your bike:
1) Dog walking. It seems as though people are keen to brighten up their wet dog walk and who can blame them.
2) The school run. Gather all your children under your cape whilst you wait for the bell to summon.
3) The wet walk to work. Pop your bag/rucksack under your cape for dry sandwiches.
4) Out with your baby. The handy slips that protect your arms and hands while cycling work equally well with a buggy and stop your legs getting wet.
5) Layering up. What a coat will never be able to achieve is allow you to put on as many jumpers + a rucksack and still fit comfortably under it.
If you are convinced by the benefits of an Otto London poncho, you can look at the whole colour range in our acessories section.