Bell’s is an award winning independent bike shop in Hastings Old Town that operates both as a bricks and mortar shop and an international online store: www.bellsbicycles.co.uk
We need a resourceful, skilled and hard working person to join our small but busy workshop where we specialise in classic bike restoration but also carry out day to day repairs on all types of bicycles.
We are currently looking to expand our workshop team and need an experienced bicycle technician / mechanic who is willing and able to uphold our reputation for excellence, professionalism and fairness in the workshop. We pride ourselves on offering each and every customer outstanding service: first time, every time so this must be at the core of your work ethic.
The role of the Bike mechanic will primarily be to undertake every day repairs but we also operate a classic bike restoration business which you will sometimes be required to assist with. So a love and understanding of classic bikes is needed.
This is a two day a week position working every Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Servicing, repairing and maintaining all types of bicycles including extensive experience with hub gears and hub brakes
- Keeping the workshop fully stocked - reordering parts, liaising with suppliers
- Experience of working in a bike shop to set timings
- Working with the restoration mechanic. Assisting with classic bike restoration
- Assembling and packing down new stock bikes for the shop floor and delivery
- Carrying out a full inspection of each bicycle before commencing any work and agreeing to a budget
- Contacting customers via phone to report any damage, recommend additional work and keep in touch with repair progress or delays
- Filling out paperwork for each bicycle in a clear manner
- Maintaining our fleet of hire bikes
- Ensuring that the workshop and equipment are properly maintained and in full working order
- Ensuring the workshop is clean, tidy and safe at all times
- 1+ years’ experience working in a bicycle workshop
- Be able to deliver on all aspects of bicycle servicing, maintenance and repair
- Have relevant experience of carrying out bicycle builds and pre-delivery inspection of new bicycles
- Be highly organised
- Be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Have a great work ethic
- A driving licence
- Flexible with timings
- Ability to work some weekends
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Part-time hours: 20 per week